Gutelius House Museum
Preservation Mifflinburg, Inc. is a non-profit organization formed in 1997.
It is made up of volunteers interested in preserving the history of our past.
Restoration of the Gutelius House Museum is dependent on the organization being
the recipient of funding from grants and personal donations.
Frederick A. and Anna C. Gutelius moved to Mifflinburg and built their home in 1803. Frederick was a blacksmith an surveyor. He was elected County Commissioner and appointed to Justice of the Peace. The Gutelius’ were founders of the German Reformed Church. The Gutelius family has contributed the the growth and success of Mifflinburg and many other towns.
Preservation Mifflinburg, Inc. conducts tours, has the museum available for small meetings, and displays articles collected from the area, many of which have been donated by local residents. They have compiled a genealogy room and many books and documents from the Union County.
Volunteers are always needed to help with the restoration
of the house as well as ongoing operations.